6/20/21

Family and still blessed - Ps 57.7

Mother's day.  Family celebration of Father's day and moms birthday combined,  
another birthday in July....then, 3 more birthdays in August!  
What does it all mean in "Greenland?" 

Well, Mom has been "82 trips around the sun," I've celebrated 23 years as a mother and one year  and counting, as a grandmother. My sister has been a celebrated mother figure/aunt to 4 kiddos the same 23 years and one "great" kiddo for one year plus!  My brother has been a dad 20 years, my brother in law- has been a "father figure" 23 years to the same 4 kiddos and one "great" kiddo.  My son inlaw has been a dad 15 months.  My birthday coming up (?...trips around the sun).  Three birthdays in August...whew and we try to celebrate it all! 

In a word, "family."  We are all a bit awkward at times and not a little stand offish at other times but it is evident in our actions towards one another that we love each other.  Hugs are not the norm but we press on with them when given or received.

I guess I'll just let a few pictures "speak 1,000 words."  










The thing is, since writing the heading to this blog - more often than not it's been "joy unspeakable!"  The deepest valley I've ever gone through is long behind.  Of course, storms are still a part of life but the riches found in "family" are treasures and blessings beyond expression.