7/30/23

Looking forward to fall

Still my first love
My beautiful daughter finally obtained her Real Estate license!  She is a dear child to her momma, faithful wife, loving mother, homemaker, motivational architect for young ladies, beloved niece, devoted daughter in-law and authoress of another book! ("Dive into Modesty")! That's nine books, two published poems, two newspaper articles and the architect of Striving for Rubies" Conference #2!  Once again, a place where young and older believers alike may find help, encouragement and fellowship with like-minded sisters in the Lord.  It's a lot of work but Rachel maintains she does none of it for acclaim or money.  It's simply a burden the Lord put on her heart for others.  

There is much to say about my 3 y.o. little darling granddaughter but at the moment my heart is to focus on the legacy the Lord has given me in the young woman pictured.  

I knew the moment she was handed to me in the hospital that God was giving her to me to love, train and support in any endeavor she wanted.  Life still tends to have curves, bumps and boisterous waves but because of the leadership of the Holy Spirit in the hard times and my honor to train her in things of the Lord as much as I was able, she excels in it all!

It seems the older I get - with the big one looming next year, the more I reflect on what I will leave behind.  I am thinking about what others will remember about me.  Will I be remembered like my grandmother, "grit with her grace."  Will I be remembered like my mentor, one who listened to any thought I needed to share while struggling with so much disappointment.  

Ecclesiates 3.1 declares, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Thus current musings cause me to consider, "what now?"