4/9/20

She's here!

Sorry I was unable to post a better picture of my beautiful new granddaughter but her mommy said no.  Still, there are no words to describe the blessed love in my heart for this little girl!  The Lord gave us Raelyn Grace on March 23 in the midst of the pandemic of 2020 known as the COVID19.  I was unable to be with my precious daughter during that time but am thankful that at least her sweet Mark was with her.  We stayed in touch by phone and FaceTime as my son in-law did a fantastic job of aiding that effort.  Raelyn's mommy did a great job as she went into the deepest valley most women every know, motherhood.  
My sweet girl, of which this blog is testimony to, given to me 22 years ago, became a mommy and will, Lord willing, celebrate her first Mother's day this year.  It's old hat to some but to me, the miracle of Rachel Elizabeth and Raelyn Grace will be mine as long as the Lord let's me enjoy them. 
I have held her once and seen her once to date because of the current pestilence.  I believe this too shall pass and I will be able to enjoy the blessings of God in my kids, my son in-law included. 
Thank you, Lord.  "For this child I prayed, (I Sam 1.27) the fruit of the womb is His reward." (Ps 127.3) As long as I have breath and go "farther on," I will enjoy this most gracious blessing and pray that Raelyn's parents will  "raise her in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." (3 Jn 1.4, Eph 6.4)
Amen.