9/22/19



Well, there's been good news but I can't share it just yet.  For now, I'll just update on the latest...

Summer is almost over.  Everyone is looking forward to Fall.  It is my favorite time of year.  The weather is cooler.  Beautiful colors, snug, warm feelings of anticipation of the holidays and family time.
The song says, "It's been a long journey but I have been blessed, walking with Jesus I have no regrets."  When I think back on the scenes of my life,  I always end up thanking Him for where I am today.  "Too many memories help me to remember, there's too much to gain to lose."  I prefer to "forget... those things which are behind, and reach... forth unto those things which are before,
(and) press toward the mark  for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."  (Phil 3.13, 14)

Yes, I'll just count my blessings instead of dwell on any unpleasantness.  After all, the Lord never told us life would be easy, He just said He would be with us all the way. (Heb 13.5)
So here goes:

  1. salvation that will take me "all the way home."
  2. mercies and compassion's of the Lord when I fail
  3. forgiveness when I fail
  4. grace to go another mile, after I fail
  5. the Word of God
  6. a prayer closet 
  7. a praying mother
  8. a godly daughter, the joy of my life
  9. a godly son in law that warms my heart with his hugs and loves my daughter with all his heart
  10. a praying grandmother who loved me and taught me by example, of the things of life necessary to daily living and walking with the Lord
  11. a praying aunt
  12. a praying cousin
  13. a preacher who preaches truth
  14. a preacher's wife who is not afraid of hard work
  15. the men of God who preached truth to my heart over the years
  16. a brother and sister and their family's that are always in my heart
  17. a roof over my head
  18. indoor plumbing
  19. water
  20. clean air
  21. a car to drive
  22. money to put gas in the car I drive
  23. strength to earn money to put gas in the car I drive
  24. a job that isn't labor intensive
  25. air conditioning at home and on the job
  26. groceries
  27. money to buy groceries
  28. strength to earn money to buy groceries
  29. the hard times that taught me, by faith, to trust in the Lord 
  30. reasonable health
  31. technology that makes our lives easier
  32. eyes that can see all the beauty around me 
  33. ears that can listen to His word, songs about Him, the sound of my daughter's voice, the laughter of children, the birds that sing
  34. both feet and legs that can walk without help
  35. a mind still clear enough to understand the necessary things in life and can meditate on the precious things of the Lord
  36. the saints of God, too numerous to count, who've had a sweet impact in my life since I was old enough to understand such things
  more than can be counted but have to go so will stop here...

Why don't you Count YOUR Blessings?