8/13/19

What does it mean?

This will seem so random but I wanted to get it down for "posterity."  Not sure what it means but woke at 4:16 am this morning to a voice in my head that said, "bye."  It caused my heart to pound and for just a moment, I was fearful of what it could mean.
Although, it's been a long time there have been other moments like this when I heard my mother call my name and woke just the same.  Not fearful, just hearing my name.  Not sure why then, either.
However, given life changes of late, I'm given to more pondering over what this could mean.  Who was telling me "bye?"  Not, "goodbye," just "bye."  In days gone by there have been times when the Lord has given me warnings of things to come.  For example, an outbuilding burned to the ground years ago, heralding an event that would turn my life upside down.  There were other events on either side of that moment in time that I now know I was being warned of something to come.
I'm not a much of a believer in dreams, except that I know sometimes the Lord will give us warning.  This was not a dream but a clear voice in my head.  The last thoughts before bedtime were the message preached in revival meeting, "How to excite your exciter."  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3T3EudiuQ) If you're interested.  Also, while viewing an old sitcom on "Youtube,"  I had gone to sleep with the earbuds in but woke long enough to turn the PC and light off, only to wake four hours later with someone saying "bye."
As always, I think of mom but I'm not sure it was her voice.  I was also thinking of a dear, old friend who is running herself in the ground with life's responsibilities.  She never stops.  She was also at the revival meeting.  The thing was that afterwards, she had to drive nearly two hours, with her frail mother,  to get home and without a cell phone she had lost, again!  If something happened that late at night...
This morning as I am entering these words, I've already prayed and have turned this thing over to the Lord.  I will take it as times before, a warning, and wait.
Rom 8.28, Ps 57.7